Many doctors believe and many studies show that circumcision has many definite medical benefits.
Dr. Edgar J. Schoen is a leading medical expert in the field of infant circumcision.
Here are some of the benefits that he lists:
- Circumcision reduces the risk of urinary tract infection
- Circumcision reduces the risk of HIV/AIDS
- Circumcision reduces the risk of cancer of the penis
- Circumcision reduces the risk of infected/ unretractable foreskin and penile diseases
- Circumcision promotes lifetime ease of cleanliness
For a comprehensive list and explanation of medical benefits listed above, please click here: www.medicirc.org.
New York Times on Circumcision
On Dec 14, 2006, the N.Y. Times ran a lead article on the results of a study showing that circumcision may reduce the risk of HIV by up to 50%.
The story explains that leading organizations are considering spending money to promote circumcision in countries where many people are affected by HIV.
For the complete NY Times article on the benefits of circumcision, please click here.
For more information about this subject, please go to our page Philosophy of Circumcision - Bris Milah: Beautiful or Barbaric.
For a comprehensive explanation of the medical benefits, please see our Medical Information pages.